Everyone knows that running can help you lose weight. Hardly anyone is aware that there is a proper jog for weight loss. After reading this article, the reasons for the lack of desired results in many people who have chosen this type of improvement in their shape will become clear.
The benefits of running
Starting to jog, you will make your body an invaluable service, filling it with health and strength:
- The blood will be saturated with oxygen.
- The heart and the entire vascular system will be strengthened.
- The bones will become stronger.
- The lungs will increase vital volume.
During the running process, breathing and heart rate become more frequent, thus speeding up metabolic processes and burning excess fat. But you can only lose weight with it if you do it right.
An important point:running for 15-20 minutes will not make your figure leaner, although the therapeutic effect will be obvious.
It is recommended to start running two to three times a week, gradually reaching the daily workouts with two days off.
And do not use weights, especially for beginners. Such devices are mainly used by athletes to strengthen the leg muscles and increase speed during the race.
So how do you need to run properly to improve your fitness.
Types of jogging for weight loss
To better understand the effectiveness of a particular type of run, you need to understand the mechanism of body work during different loads:
- Light jogging forces the muscles to get energy from the sugar (glycogen) stored in the liver. It is usually consumed within 40 minutes of such a load. After breakfast after training, you can not lose weight, as the lost sugar will return.
- Running for more than 1 hour causes the body to break down fat. Externally, this is determined by heavy breathing and fatigue.
- If you run for more than 1 hour 15 minutes, then the energy begins to be replenished by protein, thus reducing muscle mass.
- When alternating brisk running with light running and walking, a strong process of breaking down fat begins.
At the same time, there is a specific pattern - a person with a larger body mass burns more calories.
From this it follows that you should jog for weight loss for one hour, but not more than 1 hour 15 minutes or at intervals.
About the time period
This type is more suitable for busy people who do not have the opportunity to devote an hour to training. It consists of alternating brisk running and recovery walking. With such a load, certain processes in the body are activated, which lead to the burning of fat reserves.
It only takes half an hour to do this. The program consists of 4 stages:
- The first 100-meter walk is done at a fast pace, which helps the body prepare for the load.
- For the next 100 meters, go for a light run, adjusting your breathing.
- Next, you need to run the same distance at top speed.
- Go jogging again, restoring breathing.
Repeat all steps for 30 minutes.
Great:at the end of the workout in the next 6 hours, the human body continues to lose extra pounds.
One recommendation for beginners is not to run a high speed marathon right away. The best way to start your workout is to walk slowly with a gradual transition to running. While walking, you can do lunges, squat and jump. Some techniques must be followed:
- Breathe evenly and measured by inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth.
- Keep your back straight with a forward look.
- The knees are slightly bent, which will reduce the pressure on the joints.
- The arms are bent at the elbows and move along the body.
A little advice for women: on the "critical days" if you feel unwell, do not try too hard. Two days off does not hurt.
When it comes to diet while running, this is also a very important issue. The goal is to keep the energy at the proper level and to prevent the toxic effect of lactic acid on ketone bodies.
As we consider running as a means of weight loss, we are allowed to eat at least an hour and a half before training.
At the same time, you should not rely on cereals and legumes, potatoes and eggplants, mushrooms and cabbage, as well as spinach with radishes. Do not eat fatty and fried foods.
To relieve the overload of the kidneys, blood vessels and heart, fluid intake should also be limited. The maximum recommended dose is a glass of water or sweet tea half an hour before jogging. But while running, you should drink in sips - from 2 to 3 every 2 kilometers.
After the run
At the end of the workout, you should replenish the consumed carbohydrates with a glass of tomato, apple, grape or citrus juice.
After about 20 - 40 minutes (time is individual, but not sooner or later), you can eat without overeating and without relying on heavy foods.
Best time to run
And, of course, one can not help but wonder about the best time to train to lose weight. To make the right choice, you need to know the following:
- In the morning, the human body lacks carbohydrates, which makes it need energy for training from body fat. In this case, you should run on an empty stomach.
- Running at night will help burn the energy that has accumulated during the day, resulting in melting fat. This is especially true for office workers who are forced to sit at the computer all the time. To lose weight, it is best to run after a light dinner after at least an hour. And before you go to bed, drink low-fat kefir or eat an apple.
As you can see, you can run for weight loss at any time - the main thing is right.
Who should not jog
It is not recommended to start running for people with health problems such as:
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Heart disease and coronary heart disease.
- Deformed vertebrae.
- Stomach ulcer and varicose veins
- Diseases of the endocrine system and bronchial asthma.
Also, you can not train for any diseases in the stage of deterioration and inflammatory processes. Recent surgeries or injuries are also contraindications to running.
Armed with all this knowledge, you can safely do this exciting type of physical education. The process will be even more enjoyable if you invite a friend or friend for a run.