In the human body, the main "deposits" of fat are concentrated in the subcutaneous tissue and in the abdominal cavity and the wall, ie the abdomen. Normally, fat builds up in an adult, increasing the size of existing fat cells (fat cells). But with too much fat in the cell, the process of their reproduction begins, which leads to a multiple increase in the number of fat cells. They begin to accumulate, between the organs of the abdominal cavity (visceral fat), as well as in the lower and upper parts of the body. At the same time, the layer of fat in the abdomen of overweight people can reach a thickness of 10, 15 or even 20 cm (for comparison: in horses and seals, the thickness of subcutaneous fat is 5-10 cm). Will Abdominal Weight Loss Exercises Help Shake Off Excess Fat?
Effective Abdominal Slimming Exercises
In principle, exercises for rapid weight loss in the abdomen - without a well-balanced diet - will not give the desired result. Because adipose tissue is not just a "storehouse" of extra pounds. It actively maintains its presence in the body with a specially made peptide hormone leptin, which performs the function of "control and control" in the system of energy metabolism.
But not everything is desperate. Triglycerides are synthesized in fat cells, of which adipose tissue consists mainly. When triglycerides are broken down, the body receives energy and the more energy is expended, the more triglycerides are broken down. That is, abdominal weight loss exercises are the most intense physical activity in which there is an increase in fat consumption. The main thing is that the morning exercises for slimming the abdomen are not accompanied by breakfast, lunch and dinner, which in their caloric content will exceed the energy expended for their application. . .
Thus, home exercises for weight loss in the abdomen, according to weight loss experts, should be done at least three times a week. From the beginning of the course, each exercise is performed 8-10 times and after a person comes to this company, all exercises for weight loss in the abdomen at home should be performed at least 20-25 times each.
A typical set of exercises for weight loss in the abdomen includes doing exercises in various positions - standing, sitting and lying. The following exercises are performed while lying down:
- Lying on your back, legs and arms straight, arms extended along the body. Without bringing your shoulders forward while inhaling, lift your back off the floor, raise your straight arms along your legs, sit and lean forward, trying to reach your toes with your hands. On exhalation, return smoothly to its original position.
- Lying on your back, your legs are bent at the knees, while your legs are almost shoulder width apart. The hands are placed behind the head, the fingers are "locked", the elbows are on the sides. Inhalation - the head, shoulders and shoulders come out of the floor (chin should not be pressed against the chest), the abdominal muscles are tense. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds. Exhale - lie again.
- Lying on your back, legs and arms straight, arms extended along the body. The straight legs during inhalation are raised by 30 degrees relative to the floor level, this position is maintained for five seconds, the initial position is taken at the exit.
- The starting position is the same as the previous exercise. While inhaling, bend your knees and perform a movement that mimics the bike (30 seconds three times, with 5 second breaks).
- Lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, straight arms extended along the body. When inhaling, lift the pelvis off the floor (with emphasis on the back of the shoulder) so that the stomach is in line with the knees. The position is maintained for 5-10 seconds and the initial position is taken slowly at the exit.
- Lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, arms behind your head, elbows at the sides. Inhalation - the elbow of the left hand extends to the right knee. Exhale - starting position. Inhalation - the elbow of the right hand extends to the left knee. Exhale - starting position.
Permanent Abdominal Slimming Exercises
Simple but effective upright abdominal slimming exercises - traditional squats and turns.
- Stand up straight, legs together, hands in the middle. Keeping your back and shoulders as straight as possible, squatting without lifting your heels off the floor. The lower the occupancy, the more the abdominal muscles stretch during extension. If you have difficulty, you can do this exercise by holding your hand, for example, in the back of a chair.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms at waist or behind head. Inhale - bend forward, exhale - straighten, inhale - bend back, exhale - straighten.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder width apart, raise your arms. Inhalation (weighing 1-2-3) - an elastic forward bend with the toes touching the feet or the floor. In account 4 (exhalation) - take the starting position.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms at waist. Tighten the abdominal muscles firmly and then (without holding your breath) relax the muscles. The exercise is repeated 10-15 times.
Abdominal slimming exercises
When doing belly slimming exercises while sitting, you need to ensure that your back and shoulders remain straight. This increases the load on the abdominal muscles.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly relaxed in the support position. Hold the straight legs together, lift them off the floor and "pull" in the air with both feet - three times to the left and the same amount to the right. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times with short pauses.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms straight forward. Alternatively, lifting the buttocks and stretching the abdominal muscles, move forward and backward (one meter). Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly relaxed in the support position. Keep your legs straight together, leaning back slightly, lifting them alternately off the floor. The exercise is repeated in three sets of 10 times.
Abdominal slimming exercises for men
All of the above exercises for slimming the abdomen can be done by men with the same success as women, but the number of repetitions should be increased (up to 20-25 times). But the exercises with increased load:
- Lie on the floor, feet straight, arms straight along the body When inhaling, lift your straight legs up (do not lift your head and shoulders! ) and hold them in this position. for 10 seconds. On exhalation - take the starting position. As you exercise, the time you hold your legs should gradually increase.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly relaxed in the support position. Keep your straight legs slightly bent backwards, lift your legs off the floor, bend at the knees and press it to your chest. Then straighten your legs and lower them to the floor.
- The starting position is similar to the previous exercise, but the legs are lifted, bent and pressed alternately on the chest - right and left separately.
Abdominal slimming exercises for men include the active use of a horizontal bar. The simplest of these is this: hang on your straight hands, then while you inhale, bend your knees and slowly straighten them while lifting them parallel to the floor (or ground). On exhalation - return smoothly to the starting position.
Bodyflex exercises for weight loss in the abdomen
A popular set of breathing exercises for slimming the abdomen - bodyflex, developed 20 years ago by American Greer Childers.
It is believed that bodyflex exercises for abdominal weight loss aim at "saturating the body with oxygen", which is achieved by temporarily holding the breath. At the same time, breathing exercises are combined with isotonic and isometric exercises, ie static and strong muscle tension without moving the parts of the body that participate in the exercise.
Breathing exercises for slimming the abdomen using the bodyflex method
According to the bodyflex technique, you must first exhale all the air from your lungs - through your mouth, making your lips "tube". Then a quick, intense breath is taken through the nose (breathing should be noisy) - to fill the lungs with the ability. After that, raising your head, you should exhale all the air with all your might - but this time through an open mouth. But now you have to hold your breath completely, tilt your head to your chest and pull your stomach as much as possible (for 8-10 seconds) The last step is to relax your abdominal muscles and get a normalbreathing. All bodyflex exercises for slimming the abdomen are performed exactly at the stage of holding the breath (and pulling the abdomen).
Starting position: kneel, bend and rest on the floor with the palms of the straight arms. The back is straight, the head is raised. Breathing exercise is performed (as described above) and while holding your breath and pulling on your abdomen, you should tilt your head and arch your back as much as possible. This position is maintained for 8-10 seconds. This is followed by exhalation and relaxation of the back and abdomen. The exercise is repeated three times at intervals of 15-20 seconds.
Here is another exercise, for which you should lie on your back, spread your legs slightly less than shoulder width apart and bend at the knees (feet completely on the floor), arms extended along the body. Then do a breathing exercise (as described above) and pull on the stomach. When holding your breath, you should: raise your arms and tear your head off the floor (throwing it back), shoulders and back, raising them as high as possible. return to the supine position and, touching the back of the head to the floor, repeat the movement. After the second lift, return to its original position and inhale, relaxing the stomach. This exercise is repeated three times at half-minute intervals.
Finally, a lower abdominal weight loss exercise. Lie on your back on the floor, legs straight together, arms bent at the elbows (palms down) placed under the buttocks. After completing the breathing exercise - while holding the breath and pulling the abdomen - the straight legs are raised slightly above the floor (toes are extended, the head and shoulders remain motionless) and rapid wide "scissor" oscillations are made. , changing the position of the legs (above or below the other). The movements are made in eight to ten measurements. The legs go down and a breath is taken. Repeat - 3-4 times with pauses of 20 seconds.Although most breathing exercises, including breathing exercises for slimming the abdomen, are beneficial, the bodyflex system is believed to be potentially unsafe, as holding the breath leads to high blood pressure and heart rhythm disorders.
There is another system of breathing exercises (again in combination with physical activity) to reduce fat deposits in the hips and abdomen - they are oxidized. It is true that you do not need to hold your breath here. In general, oxysize is a modified version of the American body, supplemented by breathing in the abdomen. There is nothing new here because the breathing pattern (east, bottom or abdominal breathing) has long been practiced by yoga, which has special pranayama techniques.
Abdominal slimming yoga exercises
Abdominal breathing is used both to increase the supply of oxygen to the bloodstream and to strengthen the muscles in the lower abdomen. Here is the svadhisthana chakra, which in Ayurveda is considered responsible for human immunity and general vitality.
The most affordable yoga breathing technique for slimming the abdomen is like this: you have to put one palm on your chest and the other on your stomach, take a deep breath through your nose, inflate your stomachso that your palm rises (along with the abdominal wall). In this case, the palm on the chest should remain still. Exhalation is also through the nose and should be longer and quieter than inhalation. When you exhale, the abdominal wall must be "pressed" into the spine, as a result of which the palm of the stomach falls to its original position.
Now let's deal with the simplest yoga exercises for weight loss in the abdomen.
Bhujangasaga - Cobra Pose
Lie on the floor on your stomach, legs straight, knees and feet pressed together, toes extended. arms bent at the elbows, lying along the chest, palms forward While inhaling - emphasizing your palms, slowly and gradually raise the body to arm height flattened on the support. In this case, the back bends, the sternum is pulled forward and up, the shoulders are pulled back and down, the elbows are pressed to the lateral surfaces of the chest and the head is tilted backwards. Fix the posture for half a minute (with one breath holding for 5 seconds) and then bend your arms at the elbows and, as you exhale, lower yourself gently to the starting position. Repeat the exercise three times.
Ardha Navasana - Half Boat Pose
Sit on the floor, knees bent, arms down along the chest. Around the back, press the lower back tightly to the floor, the shoulders and the rest of the back remain in weight. Then straighten your legs and raise them 25-30 cm above the floor. Extend your arms towards your legs. The legs, abdomen and lower back are tense, breathing is uniform. Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
Dhanurasana - bow position
An effective exercise for slimming the lower abdomen, as well as for strengthening the spine (reminiscent of the "frog" exercise known since childhood).
Lie on the floor on your stomach, bend your legs at the knees, lift them and grab the ankles with your hands. When inhaling, bend your back and lift both legs, pulling them with your hands on your back. Hold your breath for 5 seconds while exhaling, release your arms and gently lower your feet to the floor. The number of repetitions of the asana is three to four times.
Halasana - Plow Pose (simplified version)
Lie on your back - head against the wall (about half a meter away), legs straight, arms straight extended along the body. When inhaling, lift your straight legs up, bend your arms and put your hands on your hips, holding your body. On the exhale - throw straight legs behind your head, touch your feet to the wall. Stay in the asana for 10 seconds, take deep breaths. When exhaling - slowly, with your back firmly on the floor - gently lower your legs. This belly slimming yoga exercise is good for not only belly fat but also thighs.
The body is a "burden" that a person constantly "carries" with him. It takes effort and perseverance to lighten this weight. They will only help in the systematic execution of exercises for weight loss in the abdomen and in this way to lose weight with these extra pounds.